Friday, March 30, 2007

Florida



My son and I took a trip to Florida. I miss living near the water so badly. Having the river in New Orleans was great, and living on the shore of Lake Superior in Michigan was wonderful, but there is nothing like the ocean (or the gulf). I miss the old Florida. It used to be so different. It used to be so much more natural and more available. Less billionaires, less tourists, more hard working people who were happier, I think. Now things are so overly manicured and cemented in place, it's still beautiful - but sort of sad too. I'd give anything for a day in the old Florida.

The ONLY thing my son wanted to do was go to the beach. But it was March! Who goes to the beach in March? It was so cold. But beautiful.




Like mother, like daughter.



Goodbye Florida! Time to fly home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home