Sunday, February 25, 2007

Something to remember



'Forgotten Operative', Pensacola, Florida: 2001

This photo was made before I ever thought about war as a current affair. Long before I ever comprehended how my life could be touched by war. I read this article a couple days ago, and realized that up until recently, I was very much a part of the majority of America. If it weren't for the fact that one of my very best friends was in Iraq, I'm not sure I'd think about our troops over there. It's embarassing to admit. I hate to think that my friend, that I've know for 17 years, is in harm's way so frequently. It's painful on a daily basis. But it's also a good thing too. Because he's over there, I'm praying for our troops. I'm grieving for the men and women who die. I'm heartbroken over the things that men and women in our country are going through.

It doesn't matter whether or not I agree with the war - the important thing is that I'm honoring the men and women of our country who are giving things up for me on a daily basis.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and maybe we wouldn't be at war.
...and maybe I wouldn't feel like I voted for a puppet instead of a President.
...and maybe Colin Powell would be the AA candidate.
...and maybe nights spent sleepless by sisters for brothers-in-law could be payed back.

March 1, 2007 at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home